→ 09 Dec 11 at 2 pm
Adapted from Alton Brown
Yield: About 60
Prep time: About 30 to 45 minutes (not sure why the recipe online says 13 hours…must be a typo)
- 6 ounces slivered almonds, toasted
- 4 ounces dried plums
- 4 ounces dried apricots
- 4 ounces dried figs
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon anise seeds, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup coarse sugar
1. Place the dried fruit and nuts in a food processor and pulse until small but not combined fully.
2. Add the powdered sugar, spices, and honey. Pulse until moist and mixture comes together.
3. Scoop into small 1/4 ounce balls and roll in hand to compress. Then roll in sugar.
4. You are done! Store in an airtight container for up to a week.